.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

canoeing, kayaking and other adventures

canoeing and kayaking adventures born in the Southeastern U.S. and now centered in Scotland...

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Adventures in Homeownership - 14/9/2007 - ????

My plunge into the world of homeownership became official on Friday. I picked up my keys to the new place and by evening was overwhelmed with thoughts of paint, floor, furniture, light fixtures, and all that other crazy stuff that people have to think about. So far, Brian has been expensive. I'm learning that his cost estimates need to be doubled to be closer to accurate. As of Sunday night, the bedroom is painted and lit, the kitchen trim is less bright of a yellow and the "light hazel" is drying in the sitting room awaiting my approval in the morning. I'm unconvinced as of yet. Flooring the bedroom starts tomorrow as well as more painting. So far, no major leaks or breaks, or zapped boyfriends flying across the room.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 16 September, 2007 20:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, new paint! I'm impressed. Almost two years into our "new" place and we still haven't gotten around to that yet...

 
At 18 September, 2007 03:44, Blogger Super Babe said...

"Flooring the bedroom"? I am SO Jealous Dear!!! But... so happy for you!!! Can't wait to visit you again :) But before then, I'll have you back in my arms in the Fatherland :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home