.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

canoeing, kayaking and other adventures

canoeing and kayaking adventures born in the Southeastern U.S. and now centered in Scotland...

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Glentress Introduction - 13/1/2007

George, Fraser, Neil and I introduced Amy to the joys of Glentress as she contemplated buying my old mountain bike. She took to the bike and the red trails quite easily, as we all expected. I gave her a brief tutorial at mine the night before and a quick refresher during the first uphill climb. Soon she was zooming past me on the downhills as well as the uphills as once again, my legs fit for running complained about their lack of cycling fitness. Midway through the downhills, Neil and Fraser took a wee detour on one of the black trails that had a creative log entrance. I thought about it but decided my legs weren't up to the balance. George started it and gave up fearing injury. Amy said she would have tried it if I went first. Another time! Snapping photos of Fraser and Neil bopping down the steep log steps made me want to try it for sure.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home