.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

canoeing, kayaking and other adventures

canoeing and kayaking adventures born in the Southeastern U.S. and now centered in Scotland...

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Hogmanay Street Party - 31/12/2005

The official event in Edinburgh was the Royal Bank Street Party, which played host to approximately 100,000 revelers. It was ok. Our friend Bram came to visit and we enjoyed people jams, ok enough music, drunk people, fireworks and a combination of all of those on our fight/walk to get out the gates and back home. On the way out, one girl tried to kiss me and then asked if I was the girl who just did cocaine with her in the toilet. Sadly, no, I told her as we forced our way farther into the crowd. Hayseed Dixie was entertaining. Some of the other acts (the Catalan tap dancers, the Edinburgh/Catalan breakdancing showdown) were interesting. The hot chocolate was rubbish. Overall, a mixed review. I'm glad we know what it's like. I enjoyed the other events more (fire, culture, dogmanay!) and would do those again. But, I think the Street Party is off my list for next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home