.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

canoeing, kayaking and other adventures

canoeing and kayaking adventures born in the Southeastern U.S. and now centered in Scotland...

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Lost and Found

Cleaning and packing tend to lead to interesting discoveries. On the way to GAF last year, Lucas and I wrote up shopping lists. He drove, we discussed, I wrote. I found that sheet of paper yesterday buried under an assortment of rubble.

Lucas' Musts
throw rope
dry suit or dry pants
canoe paddle (x2)
air bags (canoe)
triple saddle
"oh shit" dry bag, preferably clear
little stuff sack
impulse buy
pump for bailing

Lucas' Maybes
hydroskins
repair stuff
canoe dry box
tent heater
four season tent - cheap!
old man tent - cheap!

What did he buy? The impulse buy came first -- it was an Ocoee Swim Team bumper sticker. We also found the dry suit, the canoe air bags, the little stuff sack, and the bailer at sales throughout the weekend.


My Musts
dry suit or dry pants
canoe paddle (x2)
Ladies dry top
medium stuff sack
hydroskin pants

My Maybes
canoe/outfitting
paddling jacket Mens L
paddling jacket M-L/W-XL

What did I buy? I found a fully-outfitted canoe during the pre-sales on Friday afternoon. On Saturday, I found a canoe paddle and a drysuit. On the river later that afternoon, I tested the dry suit and the canoe paddle. The dry suit passed its test -- we flipped at Whirlpool trying to eddy out with a boat load of water and I came up cold but dry. The paddle soon belonged to Lucas. It was too big for me, but I can't complain about a $10 paddle. Although he "borrowed" after that trip, I officially gave it to him on our Christmas trip.

I wonder what other treasures I'll find before I'm all packed up here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home